Friday, June 17, 2011

the right side of the bed.

To kick off Father's Day weekend: one of my favorite pictures of Dan, Dad, and I

I woke up this morning knowing it was going to be a good day. I haven't felt like that a lot lately. I am aware that it is a self-fulfilling prophecy, really-- "smile and the world smiles back" kinda thing-- but today I really felt it. I had absolutely nothing planned aside from studying (I've been a lot better about that this week!), so I really didn't know what could make this day great, besides what I myself decided to do.
Since there was only one thing on my agenda, right when I opened my sleepy, puffy peepers, I started going over Kaplan questions. Sometimes I find myself going over them as a chore, and other times I notice myself kind of enjoying it and learning from it. Maybe that has to do with the level of difficulty I am dealing with subject matter-wise, but that is neither here nor there--today I was enjoying it.
After a bit of studying, I cleaned a little. I looked out from the kitchen and there was a big, blank canvas staring at me. I felt like it was saying, "C'mon... gimme some love!" (Inanimate objects speak to me this way since I am single and all.) I realized that one of the blanks I had was 30" x 40"- a perfect size to hang above my bed. I am really excited for the white walls in my new apartment, so I wanted something bright. I decided to paint some poppies and I think it will look cute above my bed. It took me about 8 hours! I was exhausted and shaky once I finished.
One of my girlfriends called and wants to meet out for a drink, and I think that after my week of being a good Kaplan student, I am gonna go for it. I have a good feeling about tonight, just as I did about today! I'll letcha know how it goes... ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment